Efficacy & Safety Credentials
Traditional deep clean disinfection methods are time-intensive, carry significant risks of ineffective application / cross-contamination and cannot be applied to all surfaces. In contrast, a dry vapour disinfection treatment is quickly and safely applied to ALL surfaces including electrical equipment, stainless steel, soft furnishings, food preparation surfaces and the air itself.
BUT, it is profoundly important that touchless disinfection methods use a chemical solution which is suitable for this type of application…
Sanondaf use a patented broad spectrum, stabilised hydrogen peroxide solution, manufactured to ISO9001/13485 standards and authorised for use as a biocide by the ECHA (European Chemicals Agency). Unlike other disinfectants (such as chlorine compounds, quaternary ammonium compounds and chlorine dioxide) the hydrogen peroxide solution used in our treatments naturally decomposes into water (H2O) and oxygen (O2) after treatment, ensuring no chemical residue remains.
Our treatments are non-corrosive, contain no toxic ingredients and our application methods ensure they are not harmful to people, animals or the environment. Dispersed as a dry vapour (HPV), Sanondaf treatments hold the following BS EN certifications:
- BS EN 14476 – virucidal efficacy
- BS EN 1276 – bactericidal efficacy
- BS EN 1650 – Fungicidal / yeasticidal efficacy
- BS EN 13704 – Sporicidal efficacy
- BS EN 13448 – Mycobactericidal efficacy
However, it is important to be transparent – a BS EN certification only confirms that a chemical can be classed as a surface disinfection, NOT that the treatment method used to administer is has been tested and verified.
Which is why we are pleasd to confirm that Sanondaf UK’s HPV treatment methods have been clinically tested and verified, achieving a 4 to 6 log rate (99.99% to 99.9999%) for the destruction of over 280 harmful viruses, bacteria, bacterial endospores, fungi, mould, yeast and other microorganisms, including:
- Influenza A (H1N1 & H5N1) – an enveloped virus: 5 log (99.999%)
- Coronavirus – an enveloped virus: 4 log (99.99%)
- Clostridium difficile (inc spores) – a gram-positive bacteria: 6 log (99.9999%)
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) – a gram-positive bacteria: 4 log (99.99%)
- Norovirus – a non-enveloped virus: 4 log (99.99%)
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis – a gram-positive bacteria: 4 log (99.99%)
- Legionella – a gram-negative bacteria: 5 log (99.999%)
- Escherichia coli -a gram-negative bacteria: 5 log (99.999%)
Most importantly, for the continuing challenges of the pandemic, our choice of hydrogen peroxide solution is proven to be effective against mutating viruses, because it works in two ways to kill microorganisms. So far, there is no pathogen that has managed to develop a resistance against it.
Our treatments are safe for use in ALL settings, including healthcare operating theatres, critical care units, and is also CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) approved.