Veterinary Clinics, Animal Hospitals and Animal Care
Sanondaf provide specialist infection prevention and control services for veterinary clinics, animal hospitals and animal care centres.
Vets and vet nurses can see many animals throughout their day, potentially exposing them and their other ‘patients’ to many serious diseases. With different breeds and varieties of pets moving through the practice, the high-traffic areas like the reception area, the consult rooms and ward areas are prime infection transfer locations.
We offer our expertise in the total environment disinfection for: consultation and treatment rooms; surgical theatres; quarantine and isolation blocks; kennels, catteries and animal pens; reception and waiting areas; and grooming salons etc.
Equipment and enclosed areas (areas with both passive and positive pressure atmosphere) can be treated and safely returned to use in as little as 60 minutes.
Our hydrogen peroxide vapour treatments are independently tested and approved to eradicate over 280 pathogens which affect humans animals and can be harmful to animal health, including:
- Feline Calicivirus
- Straphylococcus aureus
- Mycobacterium Tuberculosis (resistant strain H37 Rv and wild-type strain)
- H5N1 & H1N1
- Enterococcus (incl VRE)
- Candida albicans
- and many other types of microorganisms.
Traditionally, veterinary clinics and animal hospitals have utilised aerosol solutions to disinfect and decontaminate environments, but these mechanisms have significant downsides to them:
- The epicentre of the ‘blast’ will receive a higher proportion of the chemical, the harder to reach places will likely receive minimal, even no exposure at all.
- Cannisters are available in standard sizes only (typically 100m3). Once set off they cannot be stopped. It is therefore likely that rooms will receive the wrong treatment dosage: If too much an unhealthy build up to chemical residue will remain, if too little the result will be reduced efficacy.
- Once more than a couple of consultation rooms require treatment, the cannisters become an expensive option.
With a typical response time to site of 4-6 hours from call-out, our service is ideal for emergencies when an unexpected decontamination is required. Taking a more preventative approach, our services can be booked for a weekly, monthly or quarterly treatment.
To learn more about our expertise in touchless disinfection and decontamination, please view our Total Environment Dry Fogging Disinfection and Targeted Electrostatic Technology Disinfection services pages.